“The Friendly Farm is a typical traditional Irish farm. Farming 35 acres of sheep, beef, poultry and pumpkins on the famous fields of Athenry. Our family farm mixes the traditional with a modern twist. Sharing our farm with visitors & connecting our customers with where their food comes from is one perks of living in this beautiful part of the West of Ireland”
Why visit us?
- Walk with an Irish farmer through a 5th generation family farm.
- Exploring the patch work quilt of limestone walled fields.
- Connect with Ireland’s landscape & experience every day life on an family farm.
- Watch how we prepare our beef & lamb following age old techniques.
- Finish the tour by sampling our slow cooked seasonal produce from our outdoor barbecue area.
What do you need?
- This is a Walking Tour so come prepared. We will be walking trough green grass & fields.
Bring appropriate foot wear
- Why is Ireland so green? It Rains and this allows the grass to grow in our lush green fields. It does not rain every day, but always be ready for rain in Ireland.
Come prepared with wet gear
Duration: approx 5 hours
Includes: Slow Cooked Seasonal Barbecue
Minimum group size: 4
Maximum group size: 8
Small Children: The tour does not lend itself well to children under the age of 6 to 8.
However if you feel they are up to it bring them along, they need to be able to cover the 2/3 miles on foot.
“Fresh air & the sound of nature. The two things I like most about our farm. We probably don’t realize
how lucky we are to experience both every day we go to work. We look forward to sharing this with you.”
The Friendly Farmer